SAGE Program Coordinator
based in Raleigh, NC with travel throughout the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area
part-time contract up to 80 hours a month
starting at $15 an hour
The primary function of the SAGE Coordinator is to provide leadership for the SAGE Planning Team to implement initiatives, activities, and programs consistent with the mission of the organization to provide education, advocacy, and programs to increase social interaction for LGBTQ+ older adults in Central North Carolina.
SAGE Raleigh Coordinator must have some experience working with aging and LGBTQ+ communities and should ideally have experience in program design and implementation. They must be able to interact with, relate to, and work with LGBTQ+ older adults, community partners, and other programs within the LGBT Center of Raleigh.
- Coordinate innovative and sophisticated programming for LGBTQ+ older adults in Central North Carolina
- Develop relationships with community partners for the purpose of creating collaborative programming opportunities throughout the region
- Facilitate educational, advocacy, wellness, and socialization activities as determined by the SAGE Planning Team.
- Coordinate publicity for events through electronic media and printed materials (flyers, calendar, Facebook, Meet-up), announcements, and word of mouth.
- Develop a rapport with program participants by interacting with them regularly.
- Build relationships with volunteers
- Arrange for SAGE to be represented at community events, conferences, and trainings (e.g. health fairs, Pride festivals).
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities.
- Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in the aging field and LGBTQ+ service and in program development
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of the latest word processing software
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team
- Flexible and dependable – This position allows flexible hours and requires occasional weekend and holiday hours.
The LGBT Center of Raleigh is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be representative of LGBTQ+ people at the intersections of multiple identities and lived experiences. LGBTQ+ people who are people of color, immigrants, refugees, people living with disabilities, people who are low-income, and hold other marginalized identities are encouraged to apply. The LGBT Center of Raleigh seeks to foster a fully inclusive work culture and expects all employees to further that as part of their commitment to our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.