We're seeking new members of the Board!
The LGBT Center of Raleigh, which serves, empowers, and advocates for the well-being of our diverse LGBTQ+ communities, is seeking volunteer leaders to join its dynamic board of directors. More information on the Center is available on this website.
Board members are actively involved in organizational governance, and are expected to
- Participate in onboarding sessions before beginning Board service
- Make a meaningful donation to the Center
- Participate in fundraising for the Center
- Participate in at least 60% of the scheduled Board meetings
- Participate in at least one committee
- Attend all of the Center’s major events
Based on our recent review of board skills, connections and live experiences among current Board members, we are seeking new board members who will help broaden our current board. For this reason, we encourage applications from all interested community members, and especially those who
- Have professional skills in information technology, law, media relations, social media, fundraising, or community programs
- Are well connected within or have lived experience as part of transgender and gender nonbinary communities; BIPOC communities; immigrant and new American communities; rural communities; and suburban communities
- Are under 40 and over 65 years old