|Who Do You Inspire?|
- LGBTQ Women of the Triangle
- Event status:
- Event date:
- Monday, March 29, 2021 12pm - 1pm
- LGBT Center of Raleigh, 19 West Hargett Street Suite 507, Raleigh NC 27601
- Center Room:
- on Zoom
- Event Contact:
- Shanna Jenkins
- Contact Phone:
- Contact E-mail:
- Tuesday, March 16th from 12-1
- Tuesday, March 23rd from 12-1
- Monday, March 29th from 12-1
- Paper Products: paper towels, toilet paper, napkins
- Undergarments: new women’s underwear, new or gently used bras, socks, and leggings, and women’s disposable underwear (Briefs requested, not diapers), all sizes for all items.
- Drinks: Bottled Water. Protein drinks, Individual Juices, Gatorade.
- Food items: peanut butter and jelly, coffee and creamer, hot pockets, sausage biscuits.
- Individually wrapped snack items: cashews, almonds, granola or protein bars, cheese or peanut butter crackers, individual size peanut butter packs. Gallon, quart and sandwich size bags.
- Rain Gear: Rain coats, rain ponchos, umbrellas.
- Winter clothing items: women’s sneakers, casual shoes, boots. No stilettos. Shoe sizes 5-12, pants. Zippered hoodies are preferred. Heavy Winter Coats, and jeans. (We Do Not have storage for clothing out of season. We are not accepting business attire at this time.)
- Hygiene Items (travel sizes): deodorant, baby powder, travel tissues, Q-tips, mouthwash (alcohol free), Chapstick, tweezers, razors, body wash, hair brushes, toenail clippers and emery boards, ace bandages/wraps and “med minders.”
- Job search supplies: Organizers/calendars (small), pens. 8 1/2 x 11 paper (for printing resumes), wallets, jewelry.
As part of National Women's Month, let's take an opportunity to be the inspiration. The Women's Center of Raleigh is such an essential and impactful part of our community and it would be nice to support their efforts. We can do this by providing needed items from their list. We can also send cards/letters of encouragement to staff and residents.
Dates for drop off at the LGBT Center of Raleigh are:
If any of these dates won't work, please reach out as Kori has offered to assist with drop off as well. I will be stationed downstairs to made drop off a little easier for folks.
A list of requested items are below. Thank you so much for being a part of supporting women in Raleigh. This is the month celebrating the women who have dedicated their lives to the betterment of our community and I'm excited for our group to join in=)
The following items are labeled according to urgency by the Women’s Center: