Books in the Library
|Connections In-Person and on Zoom|
- Event status:
- Event date:
- Friday, September 23, 2022 7pm - 8pm
- Blount St Community Engagement Center, 4 N Blount St, Raleigh NC 27601 and on Zoom
- Center Room:
- on Zoom
- Event Contact:
- Jim Manchester
- Contact Phone:
- Contact E-mail:
- What are we doing to address economic insecurity? What else can we do?
- How is your faith community helping to find health care for those who need it?
- How can we help reverse global warming? What is your community doing to protect the environment?
- Has your faith community engaged in a service project recently? Please tell us about it!
Come and let's talk. Find new connections among our faith communities.
We have a choice this month! You can join us in-person at the Blount Street Community Engagement Center (4 North Blount Street in Raleigh) or on Zoom. All will be able to participate ... no matter where you are ... in our "blended" meeting!
Register in advance on Zoom for a secure link by email: Register on Zoom
Bring a book to share with others that has helped you in your journey to understand how you can authentically fit into your faith community. It might be about learning how to deal with naysayers or others who have a different point of view. We encourage you to tell us about it briefly.
Other conversation starters...
Connections is a program of the LGBT Center of Raleigh that provides an opportunity for LGBTQ people of all faith backgrounds (or no faith backgrounds) and our Allies to come together and have conversation about various common concerns and ideas. The idea is to promote communication across a diverse group of people and provide safe, nonjudgmental space for people to express themselves with each other. Reconciling who we are - our sexuality and our spirituality - can be very difficult; Connections can provide a place where we are able to talk openly about such issues as well as other topics that some might consider taboo. Connections is all about building relationships - NOT religion.
Sometimes, we will have a main speaker on a central topic, but most months, we'll just have conversations around the room with small groups and individuals.
Come and explore new Connections in our faith community.