HealthWorks was a program of Triangle Community Works, which provided individuals in the LGBT community an opportunity to socialize while participating in fitness related activities throughout the Triangle.
HealthWorks is now the overall Health Initiative of the LGBT Center of Raleigh. A committee has formed under long time volunteer Dr. Paul Coggins, DDS and will be forming programs and services that address our diverse communities' needs in their Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Financial, and Environmental Health.
For more information or to express your interest in this new committee of the LGBT Center, please contact email@example.com
HealthWorks Links and Resources
On March 31, 2011, The Institute of Medicine released a groundbreaking report on LGBT health, to which the US Department of Health and Human Services has responded with a set of very welcome LGBT health-related initiatives.
- You can read details about these exciting developments at this Health and Human Services link: "U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Recommended Actions to Improve the Health and Well-Being of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Communities"
- You can find the report here: "The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People: Building a Foundation for Better Understanding"
- And New York Times coverage is here: "U.S. Panel Suggests Research Into Causes and Prevalence of Health Issues Facing Gays"
- Gay and Bisexual Men’s Health
- Lesbian and Women’s Health
- Transgender Person’s Health
- Youth Health
- Lesbian, Gay, and Transgender Health Resources
- Lesbian, Gay, and Transgender Health Services Links
Tobacco Prevention, Use, and Cessation
- National LGBT Tobacco Control Network
- Network for LGBT Health Equity at the Fenway Institute
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Also, please visit our website: www.wearemembersofthiscommunity.org