Books in the Library
The LGBT Center of Raleigh offers volunteer opportunities in a variety of capacities, mostly pertaining to staffing the Center. Typical responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering phone calls, responding to inquiries with information or referral services, assisting with the Library, and participating in special projects. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our volunteer profile to attend one of our orientation sessions.
The Library is also currently looking for help with the special projects listed below; please contact email@example.com to learn more.
- MLS candidates at UNC and NCCU seeking a library setting for internships/practicums
- Local librarians and book lovers to participate on the Library Steering Committee
- Community members to consult on selection of Spanish-language LGBTQ materials
- Local writers to participate in “Meet the Author” events throughout the year
- Catalogers to process new donations of books and DVDs
- Volunteers to set-up and breakdown our annual Out! Raleigh Book Sale
- Book club leaders to foster discussion on a variety of topics, such as banned books and award-winning LGBTQ literature